CSQL Cache VS Object Caching Techniques August 15, 2009Posted by Prabakaran Thirumalai in csqlcache.
Tags: database cache, Table Cache
Some of the shortcomings of object caching techniques are given below
1. Object Cache is suitable for read only workload
2. Serialization and De serialization operations are slow (especially in Java)
3. Grouping and Aggregation operations on set of related objects are very slow
4. Update on cache should be applied to database by application explicitly
5. Direct updates on database does not propagate to cache automatically
6. Every cache hit involves network overhead even if the cache resides in same machine (in case of memcached)
CSQL Cache provides transparent caching of complete or partial tables from database allowing applications to perform any SQL operations on the cached tables. It can also be used to store temporary data such as session information in MMDB allowing applications to scale.
For more information on CSQL Cache visit,